Friday 2 April 2010

Three weeks to go....

Final long run today. Had a very encouraging phone call from Ruel this morning (Director of the charity that I am running for) very much appreciated.

Ran along the canals of Thameside through Abbey Hay, Ashton, Hyde and Romley. The geese along the Canal were somewhat hostile, which along with the soft towpath and mud slowed the pace at times, but the route was facinating throw back to the industrial hertitage on the North West, particularly liked the near pitch black 100 metre tunnel, but was not too keen on the hidden puddles.

After drying myself I then headed back to the roads through Stockport to Didsbury. Around 18 miles in total.






My niggle with my knee has developed slightly, so the run was cut short as a precaution, but was still good to get a decent number of miles in the bag.

Planning to have a few days recovery and then tapper my runs in the lead up to the big day.

It is not too late to sponsor me if you would like to do so:
http://www.justgiving.com/timlynasmarathon

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment