Sunday 13 December 2009

Week 11 Day 1

The Longridge Christmas pudding race is 7 miles, 3.5 uphill and 3.5 down. I decided to use two older guys as pace setters as I has heard that some people set off too quick and have to walk up some of the steepest hills.





Once the warm up was over the gun sounded and we were off. I stayed towards the back in the hope that the tortoise approch would prevail.




I was more than a little dissapointed when at the first hill my pace setters stopped and walked. Not a good start.




But my target of 1hr 10 mins (without stopping) was not totaly out of reach.

The hills got steeper as we reached the 2,3 and 4 mile markers. Plenty of people started walking so I could pick them off. Likewise on the way back down I was passing other runners.

No time for photographs, it was all about the running

As I approached the finnish I was pleased to have made it round in one piece. 1 hr 2 mins was a good time but the 199th place was not quite as good.

Pleased with the prize though, it is called the Christmas pudding run after all!




I finnshed

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment